Lip Sync Battle 2023
Friday, February 10, 2023, at 7pm. Hub Ballroom.
Lip Sync Battle will take place during the Tip Off Party which takes place on Friday, February 10, 2023 from 7pm to 10pm. Throughout the event, teams will be called to the stage in the HUB Ballroom to dance it out in the Lip Sync Battle! Teams must arrive by 7pm. The performance schedule will be determined, and teams will be notified of performance times by close of business on Wednesday, February 8. Additional updates will be sent out as needed.
Rules and Guidelines
- Groups are responsible for their own props or other supplies.
- All music must be submitted in mp3 format by 12pm (noon) on Monday, February 6 by emailing email@example.com. Late music submissions will not be accepted and those groups will not be included in the performance schedule.
- The subject of your email should be “TEAM NAME – Hoco Lip Sync Music”
All songs and performances must be in good taste (radio edits). Rude, lewd, or obscene dance moves will not be permitted. No suggestive acts, props, or attire will be allowed. See rules and regulations above for further guidance. Teams in violation of this restriction will be immediately disqualified and their performance will be stopped.
- Performances should be 3-6 minutes.
We reserve the right to disqualify any act that is not performed within the guidelines explained above or in the rules and regulations.
First Place Group Winner – $500
Second Place Group Winner – $300
Third Place Group Winner – $100
Teams will be judged by a panel of judges on:
- Dance Moves (20 points)
- Originality and creativity (30 points)
- Appearance, including costumes and props (20 points)
- Crowd response – so bring your friends (20 points)
- Time Restrictions, meaning the group stayed in the required time limit (10 points)