Each year, teams paint a school spirit banner which represents our Patriot pride! It can be a way to showcase your team and who makes it up, it can be a depiction of the basketball teams that will be competing, or anything that is a positive representation of Mason!
Banner submissions are due to Student Involvement (HUB 2300) by 12:00pm on Friday, January 12, 2024.
Rules and Guidelines
- Banners must be created on a twin bedsheet (66in x 96in/168cm x 244 cm), or light weight fabric of the same size. Sheets must be a flat sheet (not fitted).
- Profanity or obscenities on the banner will result in disqualification, as determined by the Homecoming Committee.
- If you are using the Mason logo or the opponent’s logo, you must do so in good taste.The required design components are:
- Name of the organization or team must be clearly seen and spelled out on the banner (no acronyms or abbreviations).
- “Homecoming Celebration 2024” and “Patriots Brave and Bold” must be somewhere on the banner at least once.
- The banner must be accompanied by an index card with team name and banner description.
If your group would like to keep their banner after Homecoming, please indicate on the index card by writing “WOULD LIKE TO KEEP BANNER”. Banners without a request will be disposed of at the conclusion of Homecoming.
Following the competition, banners will be available for pick up in the Office of Student Involvement starting on Tuesday, January 30, 2024. Please make arrangements to have someone retrieve your banner within a week of this date. If your banner is not retrieved by Tuesday, February 6, 2024, it will be discarded.
First Place Winner – $300
Second Place Winner – $200
Third Place Winner – $100
Teams will be judged by a panel of judges on:
- Creativity (30 points)
- Patriot Pride (20 points)