In an effort to increase participation and collaboration in Mason Homecoming celebrations annually, the Student Funding Board (SFB) has set aside separate funding for RSO’s to host Homecoming events. Taking advantage of this new opportunity will add to the excitement and fun of Homecoming at Mason! Funding requested specific to Homecoming will NOT count toward your academic year allotment for your RSO, regardless of tier. Priority deadline for funding requests is November 28, 2022.
Process and Rules
Important information for your RSO Homecoming Event:
- Ensure you have the space reserved in 25Live: http://25live.gmu.edu/
- Enter the event into Mason360
- Co-Host with “Student Involvement” and “George Mason University Homecoming”
- Add the tag “Homecoming”
- If needed, request SFB funding within the deadline for your event: https://si.gmu.edu/sfb/
- If you are in need of contract(s) for non-Mason speakers/performers/vendors, please work with the RSO Lead Team at email@example.com and fill out a Mason360 contract request before the deadline: https://cglink.me/2d7/s28487 d
- Tier 1 RSO’s can request up to $1,000 per event.
- Tier 2 RSO’s can request up to $5,000 per event
- Funding requested specific to Homecoming will not count toward your academic year allotment for your RSO, regardless of tier.
- Priority deadline for funding requests is November 28, 2022.
For groups requesting SFB funding for their Homecoming event, the following must be adhered to:
- The organization may not charge a fee or make money from the event.
- Events must be branded with current Homecoming logos on all marketing. Logos are available once your event is submitted. Events must reference the homecoming.gmu.edu website for more information.
- Events must be co-hosted with Student Involvement and George Mason University Homecoming on Mason360
- Events must take place within a specified date range, which is between February 10 and February 19, 2023.
- Events receiving funding shall not directly overlap with one of the traditional major events associated with Homecoming – that list is:
- Friday, Feb. 10 – Tip Off Party – The Hub – 7 – 10pm
- Thursday, Feb. 16 – Homecoming Headliner – Center for the Arts – 8 – 9 :30pm
- Saturday, Feb 18 – Homecoming Tailgate and Festival – Lot A – 11am – 3pm
- Events must take place on campus and follow all university policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Events must be open to all students and can include inviting alumni of that group back to campus
- Events should focus on Mason School Spirit/Homecoming/connecting students to Alumni or assists in creating a sense of belonging at Mason
- An organization must submit a completed, correct and accurate application by Nov. 28 to be fully considered.