Rally Your Residence Hall
The Art of the Game: Floor Decorating Contest
Floor and Window Contest Decorating Guidelines
Twitter: @gmuhousing Facebook: masonohrl
Rally your Residence Hall and show the Mason community your Patriot Pride!
Important Contest Rules
Submissions are to be ready by 10 am on Tuesday, February 10th for judging.
The top two floors will receive a VIP Party at the Ridge for the entire floor
Go to: http://artofthegame.eventbrite.com to enter the competition submissions are due by 11:59 pm on Monday, February 9th.
YOUR NAME in the FIRST NAME LINE and FLOOR in the LAST NAME LINE of the sign up form!
Terms and Conditions Apply
Floors and common area windows only, may be painted or decorated beginning February 2nd . All decorations may be up until February 16th.
Housing will remove paint from all windows after February 17th. It is the responsibility of the student staff member and the residents to ensure the hall is returned back to its original state. This means windows must be clean and all decorations must be removed.
Please note: all Floor/Window decorating should be done in conjunction with a Resident Advisor.
Window Painting Guidelines:
- Generally, window painting, decorating or out-facing posters are prohibited from being placed in windows. However, in order to Rally our Residence Halls and show our Patriot Pride to the campus community, common area windows only, may be painted or decorated beginning February 2nd . All decorations must be removed and by February 16th. Windows will be cleaned by the participants (RAs and residents involved).
- Students may paint common area windows only
- Water-based, washable paint must be used, brands must be on the approved paint list below.
- Reminder: Students may not decorate or paint their room windows (see Residential Student Handbook for further policies on window decorations)
- Please keep at least 50% of the window clear in order to allow for visibility
Approved paint list for window decorating:
PALMER-Washable Poster Paint is washable school paint (can be found at the following locations):
AC Moore: http://www.acmoore.com/p-36048-liquid-washable-tempera-16-ounce-blue.aspx
Wal Mart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cra-Z-Art-Washable-Poster-Paint-12ct/17094366
Floor Decorating Guidelines:
- Students can post posters, banners, decorations on walls using painters tape or 3M removable strips
UL approved electrical devices may be used; please note that strands of lights must not be plugged into each other but directly into wall outlets or surge protectors and be used as the manufacturer intended.
- Students may decorate up to 20% of their doors
- Reminder: students may not hang materials from the ceiling or smoke detector, sprinkler heads, or other life safety equipment.
- Judges will judge common spaces and floor hallways only.
- All decorations, including window painting, must adhere to the Resident Student Handbook policies and the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org